Views of Hamilton County
Blue Rounded Corner
A surviving spouse must bring a court order, vehicle title, and odometer reading to transfer ownership. If a will was not probated a court order will not exist. In this case, bring original title, odometer reading, and copy of the death certificate. If there is an outstanding loan on the vehicle, the title will not be available. The current Tennessee registration will be required instead.

Need Photo Driver License or other acceptable photo I.D. Go Here for acceptable forms of I.D.


Proof of Residency is required by the State of Tennessee Dept. of Revenue. Click Here for information.


When visiting the office please consider donating a dollar to the State Organ Donor Awareness Program.

page bottom