Views of Hamilton County
Blue Rounded Corner
If you are to be awarded a vehicle by divorce decree please have your attorney present the Court with the year, make, model and vehicle identification number of the vehicle you are to receive. This information must be included in the Court Order signed by the presiding judge.

When applying for title in your name please bring a certified copy of the final Court Decree signed by the judge and the property settlement agreement. The Court Clerk's Office which has a record of your divorce can furnish you with a certified copy of the court order.


Also bring odometer reading, tag number, and title. If there is a lien the title is held by the financial institution. In this case a form can be printed from the state computer in our office to complete the transaction.


Go to our Forms page for all of the forms you will need for this transfer.


Need Photo Driver License or other acceptable photo I.D. Go Here for acceptable forms of I.D.


Proof of Residency is required by the State of Tennessee Dept. of Revenue. Click Here for information.


When visiting the office please consider donating a dollar to the State Organ Donor Awareness Program.

page bottom